Alan Keschner – Entrepreneurial Executive – Engineering, industrial administration and business degrees. Substantial permanent and interim MD/CEO experience in private and listed companies. Executive and non-executive board representation, including sub-committee and company chairman roles. Broad merger and acquisition knowledge and has started, built and sold numerous businesses. Significant turnaround work with distressed entities, much of it on behalf of financial and investment institutions. Handled restructuring, growth initiatives, BEE partnerships, team development, business and asset sales and liquidations. Extensive global travel and international business experience. Close ties to financial institutions and venture capital/private equity entities. Understands company legislation, legal activities and corporate governance. Has had wide involvement in advisory, training and mentoring work, including at educational institutions. Worked in a wide range of industrial, service and trading industries, including manufacturing, automotive and wholesale/retail. Good knowledge of the spare parts, capital equipment and services sectors, such as maintenance and financing. Fully computer literate and sound knowledge of information systems, reporting and JSE requirements.
Alan is currently working as an independent adviser, focusing on:
• Interim Management / Leadership
• Mergers & Acquisitions / Business Broking
• Corporate / Business Advisory
• Capital / Debt Raising / Funding
• Distressed Business Turnarounds / Restructuring
• Strategy / Business Plan Formulation / Implementation
• Equity / BEE Partnership Introductions
• Executive Recruitment / Mentoring
• Active / Independent Non-Executive Directorships
Alan Keschner joined CBA as M&A Adviser in Johannesburg in October 2016.