We are looking for…
Job Position: Senior Sales
Our client is a leading manufacturer and innovator in the use of natural and synthetic diamond in flat lapping, honing, grinding and polishing applications, as well as fully configured, custom-designed finishing systems. Industries served include oil and gas, electronics, semi-conductor, medical devices, aerospace, automotive, defence, ceramics, mechanical valves & seals, foundries, mould & die. Today the company employs approximately 220 people worldwide and remains privately held by the original founding family. Facilities include its headquarters in the USA and affiliate companies in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Canada and the UK.
To spearhead future expansion the company is now looking for a
SENIOR EUROPEAN SALES ENGINEER – Superabrasive Products
to be based from a Home Office ideally in the UK reporting to the Managing Director based in the USA.
Scope of the role
The role of the European Sales Engineer is to develop and implement a business development plan to profitably grow the company’s business within the region. The Sales Engineer will learn the technical details of the company’s superabrasive products and systems and effectively promote their features and benefits to potential customers and end users in Europe. This includes the process of identifying new opportunities, establishing requirements, delivering presentations and closing the sale with the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify prospective customers and penetrate targeted prospects in order to achieve/exceed targets especially within the automotive, ceramics and, optics markets.
- Develop and implement a sales plan in conjunction with company core values and selling methodology.
- Articulate, define and execute creative strategies to grow the business and reach new markets.
- Build consistent new revenue pipeline by developing strategic business relationships with key decision makers including executive management.
- Position the company for future opportunities.
- Stay current with industry/sector trends.
- Become a sales expert on all company products and systems.
- Regularly interface with company Product Management team.
- Well-trained and experienced salesperson with a successful track record in business development ideally from within the (super) abrasive product market or another relevant industrial background.
- Hard materials/grinding/hard machining/surface finishing knowledge and experience.
- Ability to develop new prospects and interact with international customers to increase sales of company products and/or services.
- Good network and contacts in manufacturing within the targeted region.
- Strong communication and personal skills including influence and persuasion, tenacity, commercial awareness and judgement, integrity and trust, innovation and leadership.
- Disciplined, requiring minimal supervision. Self-starter and team-player.
- Results driven, maximising the sales effort.
- Good understanding of the effectiveness of different communication materials (e.g., proposals, papers, letters, business performance evaluations, reports, web sites, presentations).
- Ability to construct and present a proposal that effectively articulates the company position. Ability to apply advanced understanding of text and graphics techniques for draft proposal preparation.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Experience of working in a constantly expanding and changing environment.
- Regional and cultural experience in Europe.
- English language knowledge. Must be able to hold an interview in English (complete fluency not required*)
- Manage and present at industry trade shows.
- Willing to work from a home office.
Please submit your interest through our candidate form by clicking here.